Board of directors Opening
Scope of Position
The CCGSD is seeking a volunteer Treasurer to join its Board with professional financial management/oversight experience and/or training. The Treasurer will be asked at a minimum to attend monthly Board meetings and to chair the Finance Committee. The Treasurer will also lend their expertise to the Executive Director and the Board as needed in guiding and supporting the management of the finances for the organization.
Additionally, the Treasurer is an Officer of the Corporation with signing authority and participates in Executive Committee meetings on an as needed basis to support the Human Resources Management of the Executive Director (an estimated 2-3 meetings per year). As well, the Treasurer participates as a Board Member in overall decision-making and supports CCGSD endeavours and governance. Finally, Directors of the CCGSD Board are ex-officio (by virtue of their position) appointed as Members of the Corporation at and vote in the Director Member class at the AGM and at any Special Meeting of the Members.
CCGSD is currently overhauling its financial systems to bring them in line with industry best practices and is updating its Finance Policy and procedures. We need your help to do this both quickly and successfully.
We are seeking candidates who are willing to make a minimum three (3) year commitment.
Terms of Employment: Unpaid Volunteer Position
Anticipated Start Date: November/December 2020, negotiable.
Languages: English (French is an asset)
Education: Post-secondary degree in accounting/business/economics and/or CPA designation
Experience: experience in non-profit financial management; demonstrated allyship to or direct experience as part of 2SLGBTQSIA+ communities; 1-2 years experience in non-profit management/governance would be an asset
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: participate in monthly board meetings; chair the Finance Committee; provide leadership in your areas of expertise to the Centre, including guiding or contributing to the work of managing the finances for the organization; advise Executive Director, Finance Committee and Board of Directors on fiscal policy and budgeting; develop and maintain financial systems in line with best practice for non-profits.
- Over 18 years of age
- Does not have a bankruptcy status
- Knowledge of and experience in not-for-profit financial management
- Accounting/CPA designation or similar education (e.g., background in economics)
- Knowledge of not-for-profit governance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to work collaboratively with other Board Members, senior management and other stakeholders
- Experience chairing committee meetings and leading their activities
- Demonstrated allyship to and/or lived experience in 2SLGBTQIA+ Communities
- Demonstrated commitment to the vision, mission, values and principles of CCGSD
- Proficiency in French is an asset