The Centre is looking for volunteers in the Ottawa region to help support our programming and event coordinating from across Canada. If you are interested in volunteering in our office, gaining valuable and marketable skills in such areas as office management, event coordination, fundraising, public speaking, database management, networking, and social media, please complete this form or email email@example.com (unless otherwise specified).
This school year, The Centre will speak to over 70,000 students in communities across Canada, especially rural and remote ones. We will stop heterosexism, cissexism bullying and discrimination through workshops, presentations, conferences and youth intitiatives that make a real difference in our community.
But we need your help…
This year we have seen a rise in programming from new schools, where doors were previously closed. As a result, we are unable to meet the growing demand for programming.
We are looking for 500 individuals to help us to bring on a new educator by donating $4 a month. This will allow us to educate 9,600 more people ever year (that’s only $1.25 a person).
The easiest way to help is by donating monthly through your bank account. Thanks to a new donor, there are no costs or fees, and every penny goes straight to The Centre.
You may make a one time or monthly donation with your credit card through Canada Helps (click here), or through your local federated charities (ex. United Way).
Please also help us by encouraging your family, friends and colleges to support. We also encourage you to see first hand what you are investing in by volunteering, or coming to our events. Simply email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you are in the National Capital Region (Ottawa & Gatineau):
- Become a Volunteer with Team Education. Interested in doing workshops and presentations about LGBTQ+ issues in schools across the region? Then you should become a volunteer with Team Education!
- Join our Volunteer Team. Ever thought about doing organizing conferences, or maybe learning about the administration side of a charity? The Centre has great opportunities, that will get you involved with your community. We invite you to make a real positive difference in the lives of youth!
- Join our Board of Directors or Advisory Committee. Think you have vision? Consider applying to be a Board Director or Advisory Committee member for The Centre. In these positions you will have a role in the shaping and leading of Canada’s premier diversity organizations.
- Find out more by e-mailing : email@example.com.
If you are in other parts of the world:
- Join our Ambassador Team and represent your region within The Centre. As an Ambassador, you will get a toolkit every month with ways that you can make a difference in your school, community or workplace. This program is perfect for everyone, and has numerous ways of taking action every month. Contact: Info@CCGSD-CCDGS.org for more information.
If you work for a service organization:
- Join the growing list of partners and promote your organization and programs to youth across the country. Share resources and work collaboratively to make a difference in our community!