We are proud to be expanding our team. Please review and share the following opportunity.
Executive Office Coordinator
Terms of Employment: Full-time contract
Anticipated Start Date: April, 2016
Salary: starting $28,000-32,000 with benefits (based on experience & qualifications)
Languages: Bilingual (English & French)
Education: Post-secondary degree (encouraged), experience will be taken into consideration.
Experiences: minimum two years experience event planning; working with youth; community outreach; office administration; report writing; inter-departmental communication; understanding of primary and secondary school systems; office procedures and administration; website and graphic design (preferred)
Specific Skills: event planning; mass communication and outreach; report writing; database management; volunteer supervision
Security and Safety: criminal record check
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: fast paced environment; work under pressure; attention to detail; large workload; multi-discplinary; and collaborative
Background & Mandate of the Organization:
The Canadian Centre for Gender and Sexual Diversity (CCGSD) intersectionally promotes diversity in gender identity, gender expression, and romantic and/or sexual orientation in all its forms on a national level through services in the areas of education, health, and advocacy. Our resources and programming can be used to uplift gender and sexual minorities, as well as give the tools to wider populations in building allyship. For more information, please visit our website at www.ccgsd-ccdgs.org.
The CCGSD strongly believes in equitable practices, and as such, strongly recommend that individuals of gender, ethnic and sexual minorities to apply.
The CCGSD is seeking a bilingual (French & English) Coordinator with personal experience of LGBTQ+ communities and a passion for social justice. Prior work experience and education are an asset. The Executive Office Assistant (EOC) works in collaboration with other senior management and staff and reports back to the Executive Director. The EOC acts as an assistant to the the staff team at the Canadian Centre for Gender & Sexual Diversity. This position is very dynamic and the EOC will be primarily responsible for program and event logistics management. In other words, there is a lot of detail involved in the forums, conferences and events we run here at the CCGSD and the EOC must be motivated and able to multi-task.
Project & Event Coordination
- Organizing logistics of the events such as finding and confirming presenters, Indigenous welcomes and keynote speakers; venue; catering; AV/ Materials, creating resource tables/grab bag, name tags, thank you cards, and evaluation forms; managing budget, expenses and honoraria
- Managing promotion of the events through direct communication (ex. Calls, emails)
- Creating and managing registration of the events using RegFox
- Implementing outreach strategies to school boards, institutions, community partners and corporate partners (ex. Cold calls, following up on warm leads, meetings)
- Act as liaison between the CCGSD and partnering organizations, schools and businesses;
- Working in collaboration with co-organizers (such as Equity Officers, Teachers, and Principals..etc) to ensure successful completion of the project through weekly meetings and daily reports
- Use of databases and online collaboration tools (Google Docs, Excel, Evernote)
- Drafting organizational newsletters to help promote events and update stakeholders on organizational progress;
- Website management (ex. Ensuring blog posts and evaluation reports are completed after workshop delivery using WordPress)
- Social media management (Ex. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Aide senior management in ensuring all payroll submissions of staff are submitted;
- Organize office (ex. Files, banners, reports, contribution agreements)
- Act as keyholder for office, files and documents;
- Answers phones, emails and communiqués
- Supervise volunteers, interns and co-op students
Other Skills & Experiences
- English and French fluency required.
- Criminal record check required.
- Youth engagement skills required.
- First Aid and SafeTALK ASIST training preferred.
- Anti-oppression framework encouraged.
Please send cover letter and resume to Jeremy Dias, Director, at email@example.com, by April 10, 2016. Please note that resumes that do not have a cover letter will not be considered.
Interviews will take place on at the CCGSD office-C304-440 rue Albert St, Ottawa, ON K1R 5B5 (territoire Algonquin Territory)