TDSB (Toronto) Nov 19, 2015
Registration is now full
Due to an overwhelming response, our registration for the TDSB Secondary School Conference is now full. Our apologies, to anyone who was unable to register. We will be hosting another conference next year and hope to see you there!
Click here to sign up to be the first notified about future events hosted by the Canadian Centre for Gender & Sexual Diversity in the Greater Toronto Area.
This conference is targeted to youth and their allies. It’s a full day of workshops, speakers, and resources specifically designed to suit the needs of your community. If your school has a gay straight-alliance, queer-straight alliance, equity club or a group of engaged students interested in social justice, this conference is for you. We welcome you to join the conversation in how to create safer schools, free from homophobia and transphobia and other forms of oppression.
This conference will give you the opportunity to:
- Connect with other lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans*, queer and straight youth from across the TDSB
- Learn how intersectional violence impacts our schools, communities and how we feel about ourselves
- Increase your leadership skills
- Learn how to create a more inclusive school that values diversity, difference and be a change agent in your community
- How to be an ally
- Explore your own identities
- Learn how to create healthier relationship behaviours in your life based on respect and consent
This conference coincides with Bullying Awareness and Prevention Week (November 14-20) and the Trans Day of Remembrance (November 20)
Should you have questions, please contact: