The Canadian Centre for Gender & Sexual Diversity is proud to invite you to our 3r annual International Day Against Homophobia & Transphobia Gala on May 17, 2017 at the Bram & Bluma Appel Salon at the Toronto Reference Library, Toronto (789 Younge St) at 6PM.
Chaired by Al Ramsay, Andre Morriseau and Kelly Kyle, the event will bring guests together to celebrate the work our community has done across Canada to address heterosexism & cissexism. The event will feature special performances, and is hosted by CBC’s Gavin Crawford.
At the award ceremony, we will bestow the Youth Role Model of the Year Awards to leaders from across Canada who have gone above and beyond in the fight against bullying and discrimination. Past recipients include Rick Mercer, Jack Layton and Stephen Lewis. This year’s event will celebrate…
Award Presenters & Hosts
- Fred Hahn, President CUPE ON
- Marit Stiles, NDP President
- Randy Boissonnault, Special Advisor to the Prime Minister
- Hon. Yasir Naqvi
- More to be announced
- Scott Mullin, Former VP Community Relations & Corporate Citizenship, TD Bank (Lifetime Award)
- Ilona Reece (Role Model Award)
- Rosie Cossar, #OneTeam & Canadian Olympic Team (Role Model Award)
- Michelle McHale, Steinbach Pride Founder (Role Model Award)
- Lee Airton, NBD Founder (Role Model Award)
- Allen Young, American LGBT Rights Activist (Role Model Award)
- To be announced soon
Get your tickets now!
Purchase individual tickets here or reserve your table by emailing us: email@example.com
The gala opens with a reception at 6PM, with the dinner beginning at 7PM. The gala is being held at The Bram & Bluma Appel Salon at the Toronto Reference Library and catered by EnVille. Beer is generously provided by Beau’s Beer.
Where does the money raised go?
The International Day Against Homophobia & Transphobia Gala will be funding two major programs offered by the CCGSD.
The first is our national Gender and Sexuality Alliance (GSA) Forum, a week-long conference to train LGBTQ+ and Allied youth on combating bullying and discrimination in their schools. The second program is our Regional Youth Conferences, one day conferences held in regions across Canada on bullying and discrimination.
Thank you for your generous support.
- Date: May 17, 2017
- Time: 6pm reception
- Location: The Bram & Bluma Appel Salon (789 Younge St, 2nd floor)