Please support relief for survivors of Typhoon Yolanda/Haiyan by participating in this Bring & Buy Auction fundraiser!
When: Tuesday, December 3rd, 6:30pm-10:30pm
Where: Montgomery Legion, 330 Kent St, Ottawa, Ontario
Cost: $10 at the door (free for those who donate an item to the auction)
- Aimee Beboso (Philippine Migrants Society of Canada-PMSC) (613) 255-1921 / email@example.com
- Douglas Booker (Ontario Committee for Human Rights in the Philippines-OCHRP) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joselito Calugay (Migrante Ottawa)
The Philippine Migrants Society of Canada (PMSC), Migrante Ottawa, and the Ontario Committee for Human Rights in the Philippines (OCHRP) are raising funds for the survivors of the Yolanda/Haiyan typhoon as part of Sagip Migrante (Migrante Rescue). You can participate in 2 ways:
- donating items (e.g., art, gift certificates, wine, desserts, dinner for two) or services (videography, massage therapy, computer services); and/or
- coming to the auction and bidding on items!
In the wake of calamity, it’s important that communities unite together to rebuild and take leadership from those most affected. Jer’s Vision’s commitment to diversity and global solidarity makes sure that we partner with on-the-ground organizations to maximize the amount of assistance and relief that’s given. Sagip Migrante is an international relief campaign from Migrante International, an organization who is committed to the rights of Filipino migrants, and to connecting them and Filipinos abroad with their families back home.
Work that Sagip Migrante is doing in the Philippines for relief efforts:
- Partnership with the National Council of Churches in the Philippines so they can utilize their transportation system to send boxes of assorted donated goods (clothes, blankets, food, water, etc.) to areas like Leyte and Iloilo
- A coordinator in Cebu is organizing soup kitchens in affected areas
- Connected with local media contacts to include in their regular coverage announcements for missing relatives to reunite families
- Having phone hotlines to facilitate finding relatives
- Raising money to give solar lights to affected communities
We at the Jer’s Vision office are also taking part in our own ways. We’ll be donating a gift basket to the auction and I myself will be speaking at the event.
Hope to see you there in solidarity! Maraming salamat po!
Lukayo Faye Estrella