The Canadian Centre for Gender and Sexual Diversity is proud to present the 2019 LGBTQ2S+ Service Providers’ Summit, January 11-13th, 2019, at the Ottawa Marriott Hotel, located at 100 Kent Street, Ottawa, ON K1P 5R7.
We are pleased to bring this event back for the fourth year to focus on the diverse work of service providers across Canada. Join us for three days of workshops, presentations, and round table discussions about the current landscape of LGBTQ2S+ service provision. Our goal is to give service providers a network of professional support and informational assets that will strengthen our presence, and in doing so, strengthen the bonds of the LGBTQ2S+ community.
Summit participants will be given hands-on instruction from professionals across the country. We will also be hosting presenters from LGBTQ2S+ coalitions, clinics, and other community organizations who are uniquely positioned to provide perspectives on the issues faced by LGBTQ2S+ persons nationwide, and the best practices to reach them with education, support, and resources.
The Summit will also provide a space for meeting, networking, and building local and national relationships that will help us better serve our communities, and create conduits to share information, love and support for each other!
Registration, Summit Schedule and FAQs:
- Registration is now open! Please click on the link to fill out the registration form: https://goo.gl/forms/I7HxNmKHuhQIbj5U2
- Scholarship applications are now open as well. Please click on the link to fill out the scholarship form: https://goo.gl/forms/mZ1OQXg9DpIQ2NBg1
Based on feedback from the last summit, this three day event will feature six main programming themes:
- Leadership and Government Engagement
- Two-Spirit, BIPOC, Women, Queer & Trans issues and inclusion
- Sexually Transmitted and Blood-Borne Infections (STBBIs), Harm Reduction and Self Care
- Intimate Partner Violence Prevention in LGBTQ2S+ Relationships
- Systematic & Lateral Discrimination in Queer Communities including discussion on people with disabilities, power & privilege
- Funding, Grant Writing and Best Practices
*Special sessions will be held for executive directors, board chairs and presidents on funding, how to manage staff and dealing with inter-community conflict.
- Workshops, seminars and presentations specifically tailored to front-line service providers, to give them the practical tools to help them best reach individuals and groups in need
- Keynote speakers (to be announced in October, 2018)
- The opportunity to meet, greet, mingle and learn with allies from across Canada