We will work with any and all service providers across Canada who may come into contact with LGBTQ2S+ victims of intimate partner violence, including: sexual assault centres, community resource/health centres, legal services, victim services, police units, sexual health centres, pride centres, university/college programs, and many others.
The intimate partner violence prevention program offers:
- A directory of LGBTQ2S+ inclusive, knowledgeable and respectful services in your area (in progress)
- Information and tools to help your services become more inclusive and prepared to work with LGBTQ2S+ victims of IPV
- Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) Prevention Program Guidebook
- Two free workshops (1-2 hours)
- For LGBTQ2S+ Services: Geared toward informing LGBTQ2S+ service providers on the circumstances of IPV within the rainbow community
- For Intimate Partner Violence Services: Geared toward informing IPV service providers of the specific LGBTQ2S+ circumstances associated with IPV
All our services are completely free of charge and we are able to travel to where you are to facilitate the workshops.
Also, as this is an area that is not well documented, a comprehensive research study is planned for the future. In the meantime, we have put together a short (15 minute) LGBTQ2S+ Victim Experience Survey to get a feel of where exactly the gaps in service delivery are and to help give a voice to victims across Canada.
- Check out the survey and please feel free to distribute as widely as you’d like!
For inquiries, to book a workshop, or to receive tools and information, please contact Shannon at email@example.com or call the centre at (613) 400-1875