The 2018 BC GSA Forum will take place on Friday, October 19th at Moscrop Secondary School (4433 Moscrop St, Burnaby, BC). This forum for students and educators is put on by The Canadian Centre for Gender and Sexual Diversity and Burnaby School District #41.
We are accepting applications to facilitate student workshops. Each workshop is 75 minutes long and offered twice to youth attending the forum. (TIMES TBD). Each workshop will hold 20-30 students.
Please submit your application by midnight on Friday, September 14th. We are looking to offer 8-10 student workshops and 4 educator workshops. We will be in touch with you ASAP to let you know if your workshop has been selected for the BC GSA Forum. Selections will be made with the goal of having a diversity of topics offered.
Some examples of workshop topics may include:
– LGBTQ2+ identities
– trans/non-binary identities
– Creating safe(r) spaces in schools
– LGBTQ2+ inclusion in the curriculum
– Media Literacy
– Mental Health
– Queer and trans history
– Healthy relationships, consent, sexual well-being etc.
– Effective GSA leadership skills (fundraising, problem-solving, team management, event planning etc.)
Deadline to apply is Friday, September 14th, 2018.