The Canadian Centre for Gender & Sexual Diversity is proud to present our fourth annual Ontario Educators’ Conference in collaboration with the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education of the University of Toronto.
Catholic Educator’s Conversation – April 25, 2018 (New to 2018)
On April 25, 2017 we will be presenting our Catholic Educator’s Conversation at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE), (252 Bloor St W, Toronto, ON).
The conversation will be a full-day forum focusing on topics and issues important to Catholic School Educators and Staff in an intimate and open format. Catholic Educators and Staff will be given the tools to tackle topics that range from school uniforms and body shaming to Faith and Intersectionality.
- Workshops, seminars and presentations, which specifically target Catholic Educators, Administrators and Staff to give them the practical tools to ensure a safer climate.
- Networking opportunities
LGBTQ+ Educator’s Conversation – April 26, 2018 (New to 2018)
The Centre will be presenting the LGBTQ+ Educators Conversation at the OISE on April 26th, 2018.
This will be a day-long conversation run by LGBTQ+ identified educators that will cover a wide array of topics for School Boards across the province. Workshops will explore school policy, allyship, navigating freedom of expression, and Creed Rights.
- Programming provided by LGBTQ+ identified Educators.
- Topics and workshops relevant to members of all school boards
- Resources and materials provided to ensure a safe school
The Ontario Educator’s Conference – April 27, 2018 (Back and Better Than Ever!)
Join 300 educators, administrators, and youth service workers from across the province on April 27th, 2018 at the OISE.
Conference participants will be given hands-on tools from educational professionals, lawyers, LGBTQ advocates, and academics to understand and recognize the issues faced by LGBTQ communities. The training will include a focus on supporting LGBTQ youth and educators; working with trans & gender-variant youth; and sharing best practices. Please note there will also be workshops in both French & English, from urban, rural & remote perspectives; and from Public & Catholic perspectives.
- Workshops, seminars and presentations, which specifically target Educators, Administrators and Staff to give them the practical tools to ensure a safer climate.
- Keynote Presentations.
- A community fair to connect participants to key resources.
Our goal is to give educators, staff, and administration the tools to LGBTQ folk in their lives. Through our amazing line up of workshops and seminars we hope to change the landscape of inclusivity in education and create liberating spaces for students, staff and communities.
Register for only $75 per Conference or all three for $200!
Subsidized spots are available.
Tickets for ALL THREE DAYS of the Ontario Educators’ Conference can be purchased HERE
Frequently asked questions:
How do I register?
- Registration will be open in late 2017
- Registration fee is $75 per conference, or $200 for all three.
Do I have to attend all three days?
- You are free to attend as many or as few days as you are able!
What if I cannot pay online?
- You can pay by cheque in advance or at the Conference. Simply send us an email to: email@example.com and we can send you an invoice for you.
What is the schedule of the day? What are the workshops?
- The complete Ontario Educators’s Conference Schedule will be available in February, 2018
When can I register for my workshops?
- Registration for workshops will open on February, 2018. After reserving your spot, you will get an email inviting you to register.
Do you have travel grants? Do you have conference grants?
- The event is heavily subsidized, and we are unable to offer travel grants this year. We encourage you reach out to your board or union local to access Safe & Accepting Schools Act Funds.
- If you are unable to cover the full registration fee please use the discount codes above.
- If you need guidance, please contact Jeremy Piamonte at firstname.lastname@example.org
Where, when, time?
- It will be held at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE), (252 Bloor St W, Toronto, ON ) on April 25-27, 2018
What is the registration fee? Where does registration fee go?
- The registration fee for this event is only $75 per conference, or $200 for all three!
- We are grateful to our sponsors, partners & donors for their generous subsidies for this event. We encourage interested participants to seek funding from their professional unions or administrator (Safe School budget).
- Registration fees go to pay for costs associated with the conference (venue, food, presenters, logistics & staffing).
- We will present a full budget at the Conference to all delegates.
- This opportunity is an amazing chance at increasing your professional learning community, and to see what other schools are up to!
What is included in registration?
- Registration includes your programming, snacks and lunch for the day.
What if I need a hotel?
- Accommodations for the Ontario Educator’s Conference will be specified later in 2017.
Where can I park?
How can I RSVP a table at the info fair?
- The info fair is from noon-1pm. We are happy to offer free tables. If you want one, please email: email@example.com; this is a great opportunity for you to show off the work you are doing!
For more information, please email the Conference Coordinator Jeremy at firstname.lastname@example.org
*please note that since the event is subsidized, we will not be able to offer any refunds.