Our office manager is going to be training to be a nurse in January 2017, as such we are hiring for a new Office Manager right now! Are you the EPIC person we are looking for?
Terms of Employment: Full-Time
Anticipated Start Date: December, 2017
Salary: $39,000-$41,725; with awesome benefits package
Languages: English (French is an asset)
Education: Post-secondary degree (encouraged), experience will be taken into consideration.
Experience: 2-3 years of experience maintaining office , implementing projects, managing educational programming; 2 years of human resources management; 2 years of financial management;.experience working with youth is considered an asset; office administration
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: fast paced environment; work under pressure; attention to detail; large workload; ability to travel; multidisciplinary; and collaborative
Background & Mandate of the Organization: The Canadian Centre for Gender and Sexual Diversity (CCGSD) intersectionally promotes diversity in gender identity, gender expression, and romantic and/or sexual orientation in all its forms on a national level through services in the areas of education, health, and advocacy. Our resources and programming can be used to uplift gender and sexual minorities, as well as give the tools to wider populations in building allyship. For more information, please visit our website at www.ccgsd-ccdgs.org.
The CCGSD strongly believes in equitable practices, and as such, strongly recommend that individuals of gender, sexual minorities, and persons of colour apply.
Summary of Position
The CCGSD is seeking a Office Manager with a strong understanding of LGBTQ+ communities and a passion for social justice. The Office Manager is responsible for managing the human resources within the office, coordinating finances with the bookkeepers and organizing and coordinating administrative duties and office procedures. Your role is to maintain a respectful and peaceful work environment for all employees The Office Manager reports directly to the Executive Director.
Office Manager Responsibilities
- Human Resources Management
- Managing the office & staff
- Scheduling meetings for the Executive Director
- Preparing payroll and managing finance
- Recruits, interviews, trains, and manage volunteers;
- Participates in networking, cold-calling and building relationships
- Participate in fundraising initiatives
- Represents the CCGSD at suppliers’ organizations, events and committees;
- Must be willing to travel for events and workshops
- Responsible for logistics pertaining to facilitating workshops (ex. booking travel and accommodations)
- In addition, the successful candidate can expect to take on a range of other related duties as necessary, and to participate fully in the meetings and activities in the office as required by the Executive Director.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, continuous proactive skills and/or abilities required.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in French is considered an asset
- Knowledge of a variety of software programs and online platforms, which can include Dropbox, Google Drive, Gmail, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Evernote, Facebook, Twitter, etc. (training using these programs will be part of the orientation process);
- Manage basic audio-visual and multi-media, as needed for workshops and program;
- A willingness to learn new software and programs is a must.
- Experience working with LGBTQ2S+ communities;
- Self-motivation and monitoring;
- The ability to work with a variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds;
- Diplomacy, tact, and a sense of humour are important to the success of this person.;
- A driver’s license would ;
- ASIST training and any support work credentials/experience;
- Anti-oppression training
Along with a cover letter and resume, please provide 3 references and an outline of your experience as a manager and what skills make you EPIC (1 page, bullet form) as a sample and demonstration of your understanding on this subject. Please send cover letter, resume, 3 references, and one-pager of past management experience to Natasha, Office Manager, at email@example.com, by November 30, 2017. Interviews will take place Dec 1-5, 2017. Please reach out to us if you have any questions.
Please note: incomplete applications will not be considered and only successful applicants will be contacted.