The Canadian Centre for Gender & Sexual Diversity would like to inform you that the The Ontario Educators Conference: Let’s talk about Trans youth, educators & families has been postponed.
The Conference will be rescheduled. Once a date is selected we will let you know. Please consider signing up to our newsletter.
Conference participants will be given hands-on tools from educational professionals, lawyers, LGBTQ advocates, and academics to understand and take advantage of Bill 13 (the Accepting Schools Act). The training will include workshops that develop an understanding of gender identities & expressions, tools on how to develop policies, and skills to help with difficult situations.
- The draft agenda Ontario Educators’ Conference-Let’s Talk Trans youth, educators & families.
- Workshops, seminars and presentations, which specifically target Educators, Administrators and Staff to give them the practical tools to ensure a safer climate.
- Keynote by J Wallace (educator & author)
- Keynote by Roselyn Forrester (noted community leader)
- A community fair to connect participants to key resources.
Our goal is to give educators, staff, and administration the tools to directly implement and comply with Ontario Accepting Schools Act and Toby’s Law. Through our amazing line up of workshops we hope to change the landscape of inclusivity in education and create liberating spaces for students, staff and communities.
Frequently asked questions:
How do I register?
- Registration is currently postponed. Please consider registering for our Safer Schools Educators’ Conference on Feb 26, 2016.
What if I cannot pay online?
- You can pay by cheque in advance or at the Conference. Simply send us an email to: Info@ccgsd-ccdgs.org and we can send you an invoice for you.
What is the schedule of the day? What the workshops?
When can I register for my workshops?
- Registration will be emailed to you, to pick your options online.
Do you have travel grants? Do you have conference grants?
- The event is heavily subsidized, and we are unable to offer travel grants this year.
- If you are unable to cover the full registration fee please use the code ‘educators’ for a 50% discount when registering
Where, when, time?
- It will be postponed. Consider signing on to our newsletter to be the first to know when the event is rescheduled.
What is the registration fee? Where does registration fee go?
- The registration fee for this event is only $150.
- We are grateful to our sponsors, partners & donors for their generous subsidies for this event. We encourage interested participants to seek funding from their professional unions or administrator (Safe School budget).
- Registration fees go to pay for costs associated with the conference (venue, food, presenters, logistics & staffing).
- We will present a full budget at the Conference to all delegates.
- This opportunity is an amazing chance at increasing your professional learning community, and to see what other schools are up to!
What is included in registration?
- Registration includes your programming, snacks and lunch for the day.
What if I need a hotel?
Where can I park?
How can I RSVP a table at the info fair?
- The info fair is from noon-1pm. We are happy to offer free tables. If you want one, please email: Info@ccgsd-ccdgs.org
For more information, please email the Interim-Conference Coordinator Keisini at: Teachers@CCGSD-CCDGS.org
*please note that since the event is subsidized, we will not be able to offer any refunds.