Salary: To be discussed
Anticipated Start Date: September 1, 2014
Terms of Employment: Full-Time, Contract, 1 year (potential for renewal)
Employment Conditions: Weekdays
Languages: English and French
Education: Completed a post-secondary degree in health services or equivalent
Experience: 1 year or more in the field of STBBIs, HepC and/or HIV prevention; organizing events and activities; managing volunteers; and working with youth
Staff/Volunteer Responsibility: 3 – 20
Budgetary Responsibility: $50,000 – $100,000
Work Setting: Non-profit organization, office
Specific Skills: Develop and manage programs; prepare budgets and monitor expenses;
Additional/Optional Skills: First Aid, ASIST training, etc.
Security and Safety: Criminal record check
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment; work under pressure; attention to detail; large workload
Transportation/Travel Information: Public transportation available; travel expenses paid by employer
Work Location Information: 440 Albert St Main Office; Terry Fox Centre
Ability to Supervise: Volunteers; assistants; large groups of youth; committees
Essential Skills: IT (computer, internet, Google Docs, Excel, Word, etc.); conflict resolution related
Jer’s Vision is Canada’s youth diversity initiative focused on addressing discrimination and promoting diversity through workshops, presentations, and educational initiatives. Jer’s Vision is presenting the third Canadian Youth Forum and Conversation on Sexually Transmitted & Blood-Borne Infections (STBBIs) from December 2-6, 2014. This national conference invites youth leaders from all over Canada to understand the relationships between STBBI transmission, bullying, and discrimination.
Jer’s Vision is seeking a Program Manager with at least 1 year of experience in volunteer coordination, youth engagement, event organizing, and STBBIs prevention. The HepC Program Manager is responsible for overseeing the employees and volunteers assigned to programming, training, and outreach on the Dare to Stand Out: Educating and Engaging Youth in Taking Action on Hepatitis C, STBBIs, and Promoting Better Health Practices in Their Community Forum. The HepC Program Manager is responsible for all relevant reporting and evaluation requirement.
The HepC Manager reports directly to the Director of Jer’s Vision.
- Administering the budget for the programming services and outreach related to the Forum
- Developing selection criteria for youth applying to be the Forum’s Health Ambassadors
- Creating a call for applications for Health Ambassadors by connecting with school boards across Canada and using the JersVision.org network of educators to ensure a comprehensive announcement of the project
- Work with the Health Ambassador Team and Jer’s Vision Director to select new youth to be trained as Health Ambassadors at the Forum
- Work with the JersVision.org Advisory Team of community partners on the planning and execution of programming for the Forum
- Develop and implement outreach strategies based on advice from volunteers and staff members, such as the Educational Coordinators, Conferences Manager, and Director
- Work in collaboration with Jer’s Vision Director to ensure successful completion of the project through weekly meetings and daily reports
Research and Administrative Support:
- Advising and making suggestions related to programming and outreach by providing advice to the Director of Jer’s Vision.
- Reporting to PHAC, consistent with the requirements set out in the contribution agreement (Appendix C)
- Work with HepC Program Evaluation Assistant in collecting relevant data, including specific survey data to evaluate the effectiveness of Forum programming and Health Ambassadors’ initiatives
- Preparing and submitting financial reports
- Help Health Ambassadors track and report their initiatives
- Liaising with the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) on all aspects of programming, planning, and evaluation
- Liaising with the Health Ambassadors before, during, and after the Forum to support them and mentor them in their initiatives
- Organize training conference calls twice a year with Health Ambassadors as per the work plan.
- Overseeing and evaluating the performance of HepC Program Assistant, HepC Program Evaluation Assistant, and HepC Program volunteers
Please send cover letter and resume to Jeremy Dias, Director, at email@example.com, by Friday, August 22nd, at 5pm. Interviews will take place during the last week of August.