Salary: To be negotiated
Anticipated Start Date: September 1, 2014
Terms of Employment: Part-Time, Contract
Employment Conditions: 2 days (16 hours) per week, 64 hours per month
Languages: English and French
Education: Post-secondary encouraged
Experience: LGBTQ+ personal experience required; education experience encourage
Staff/Volunteer Responsibility: 3 – 20
Budgetary Responsibility: $100 – $500
Work Setting: Non-profit organization, office, class rooms, conferences
Specific Skills: Develop and deliver workshops; coordinate and train volunteers; outreach for booking workshops in schools
Additional/Optional Skills: First Aid, ASIST training, etc.
Security and Safety: Criminal record check
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment; work under pressure; attention to detail;
Transportation/Travel Information: Public transportation sometimes available; travelling outside of city sometimes required; travel expenses paid by employer; driver’s license encouraged
Work Location Information: 440 Albert St Main Office; National Capital Region schools
Ability to Supervise: Volunteers; large groups of youth;
Essential Skills: Public speaking; youth engagement; IT (computer, internet, Google Docs, Excel, Word, etc.); conflict resolution related
Jer’s Vision is Canada’s youth diversity initiative focused on addressing discrimination and promoting diversity through workshops, presentations, and educational initiatives. Workshops are the cornerstone of our programming. Customized, youth-led, and intersectional, Jer’s Vision workshops engage youth in a dialogue about diversity and understanding the impact of discrimination, bullying, and hate. See JersVision.org for more information.
Jer’s Vision is seeking a bilingual Education Coordinator with person experience of LGBTQ+ communities and a passion for social justice. The ideal candidate must also identify as a “youth”. Prior work experience and education are an asset, but not required. The Education Coordinator will be part of a pair of Coordinators that are responsible for working with a team of volunteer educators. Team Education is responsible for booking and presenting anti-homophobia, anti-transmisogyny, and anti-transphobia workshops in schools in the Ottawa Valley, as well as coordinating outreach at community events.
The Education Coordinator reports to Jer’s Vision Senior Management.
- Creating programming and content for workshops
- Working with the second Education Coordinator to select volunteers to be trained in workshop delivery
- Implementing outreach strategies to school boards
- Working in collaboration with second Education Coordinator and Senior Management to ensure successful completion of the project through weekly meetings and daily reports
- Ensuring blog posts and evaluation reports are completed after workshop delivery
- Liaising with the second Education Coordinator on all aspects of programming, training, outreach, and evaluation
- Overseeing and evaluating the performance of Team Education volunteers
- Overseeing volunteers and office interns in compiling evaluation reports into database
Please send cover letter and resume to Jeremy Dias, Director, at email@example.com, by Friday, August 22nd, at 5pm. Interviews will take place during the last week of August.