Dare to Stand Out is a series of national conferences, brought to you by Jer’s Vision, that work with youth to address issues surrounding homophobia and transphobia in their schools and communities.
Dare to Stand Out: British Columbia is supported by the Vancouver School Board and BC Teachers’ Federation! It will be taking place January 21st at Gladstone Secondary, beginning at 9am. We invite youth from Vancouver, and surrounding areas, to join us for a day of addressing discrimination and promoting diversity. Youth will participate in unique activities, incredible & diverse workshops and attend a keynote address.
- Featured Workshop: Building Bridges, Breaking Barriers
- Colors of the Rainbow – Learning to Share Your Unique Personal Journey with Others
- Social Change Thru the Medium of Film
- Self-Care & Health In A Heterosexist Society
- Building a Solid Foundation
- Action/Event Planning
- Queer History
- Our City of Colours – The Role of Culture in LGBTQ Identities
- Trans* Talking Circle
- Exploring Healthy Sexuality and Relationships through the Theatre of the Oppressed
- From Body Positivity to Community Engagement
- Working Well Together
- Assertive Boundary Setting
- Supporting Gender Nonconforming & Transgender Youth