Dare to Stand Out is a series of national conferences, brought to you by Jer’s Vision, that work with youth to address issues surrounding homophobia and transphobia in their schools and communities. The best part is that participants will walk away with tools and resources to take back to their schools and communities.
Dare to Stand Out British Columbia (Vancouver) Conference this year will have an opening panel of various panels and will focus on different GSAs networking and sharing resources.
Registration is now closed.
08:45 – Arrival & Registration
09:30 – Introduction & Welcome
09:50 – Keynote Panel
10:50 – Morning Break
11:00 – Morning Workshop
12:30 – Lunch & Info Fair
01:20 – Afternoon Workshop
02:50 – Closing Activity
- GSA/Rainbow Alliance Organizing by Jeremy Dias (Jer’s Vision)
- What Is Consent? by Jaedyn Starr
- Gender Diversity on TV by Hélène Frohard-Dourlent
- Safer Sexy by Lani El-Guebaly (Condomania)
- Trans* Allyship by Lau Mehes & Tash Wolfe (Qmunity)
- Trans* Q&A and Discussion Group by Kyle Shaughnessy & Lucas Wilson (Vancouver Coastal Health)
- Beyond Sex by Romi Chandra Herbert, Lydia Luk, and Vanessa Bui (PeerNetBC)
- How Would Your Film Change The World? by Out In Schools Facilitators (Out In Schools)