Jer’s Vision is proud to present our first annualOntario Educators Conference: The Implementing the Accepting Schools Act Conference.
Join 250 educators, administrators, and youth service workers from across the province on April 10th, 2015 at City Hall, Toronto (100 Queen St West, Toronto, ON).
Conference participants will be given hands-on tools from educational professionals, lawyers, LGBTQ advocates, and academics to understand and take advantage of Bill 13 (the Accepting Schools Act). The training will include three focused workshop streams, in which participants can choose to partake in any workshop, both within and outside, their particular stream.
- The Implementing the Accepting Schools Act Conference
- Workshops, seminars and presentations, which specifically target Educators, Administrators and Staff to give them the practical tools to ensure a safer climate.
- Keynote by Hon. Liz Sandals, Minster of Education
- Keynote by Cheri Dinovo; most recently Cheri sponsored the historic Toby’s Law, which amended the Ontario’s Human Rights Code to include gender expression and gender identity, making Ontario the first jurisdiction in North America to recognize both. She also played a key role in Bill 13 fighting for GSAs to be allowed in all schools.
- A community fair to connect participants to key resources.
- Discussion on Peer Mediation & Empathy by Mary Gordon! The co-chair for the expert panel on the Accepting Schools Act and an internationally recognized and award-winning educator, author, child advocate and parenting expert in addition to being the founder and creator of Roots of Empathy.
Our goal is to give educators, staff, and administration the tools to directly implement and comply with Ontario Accepting Schools Act. Through our amazing line up of workshops we hope to change the landscape of inclusivity in education and create liberating spaces for students, staff and communities.
Frequently asked questions:
How do I register?
- Click here and register online. Registration fee is $150.
What if I cannot pay online?
- You can pay by cheque in advance or at the Conference. Simply send us an email to: Info@JersVision.org and we can send you an invoice for you.
What is the schedule of the day? What the workshops?
When can I register for my workshops?
- Registration for workshops is closed. If you did not register for workshops, you may do so the morning of the conference.
Do you have travel grants? Do you have conference grants?
- The event is heavily subsidized, and we are unable to offer travel grants this year.
- If you are unable to cover the full registraiton fee please use the code ‘safespace’ for a 50% discount when registering
Where, when, time?
- It will be held at Toronto City Hall Conference Facility (100 Queen St West, Toronto, ON) on April 10th, 2015 from 8am to 4pm.
What is the registration fee? Where does registration fee go?
- The registration fee for this event is only $150.
- We are grateful to our sponsors, partners & donors for their generous subsidies for this event. We encourage interested participants to seek funding from their professional unions or administrator (Safe School budget).
- Registration fees go to pay for costs associated with the conference (venue, food, presenters, logistics & staffing).
- We will present a full budget at the Conference to all delegates.
- This opportunity is an amazing chance at increasing your professional learning community, and to see what other schools are up to!
What is included in registration?
- Registration includes your programming, snacks and lunch for the day.
What if I need a hotel?
Where can I park?
How can I RSVP a table at the info fair?
- The info fair is from noon-1pm. We are happy to offer free tables. If you want one, please email: Info@JersVision.org
For more information, please email the Interim-Conference Coordinator Zoe at: email@example.com
Register right now here: Jer’s Vision store
*please note that since the event is subsidized, we will not be able to offer any refunds.