The Canadian Centre for Gender & Sexual Diversity is proud to present our second annual Ontario Educators Conference: Creating Safer Schools.
Join 250 educators, administrators, and youth service workers from across the province on Spring 2016 at City Hall, Toronto (100 Queen St West, Toronto, ON).
Conference participants will be given hands-on tools from educational professionals, lawyers, LGBTQ advocates, and academics to understand and take advantage of Bill 13 (the Accepting Schools Act). The training will include workshops that develop an understanding of gender sexual diversity, tools on addressing bullying through an intersectional lens, and recommendations from the latest research.
- Draft Schedule to be added shortly
- Workshops, seminars and presentations, which specifically target Educators, Administrators and Staff to give them the practical tools to ensure a safer climate.
- We are currently finalizing the schedule and encourage you to email us at: Teachers@JersVision.org with your suggestions.
Our goal is to give educators, staff, and administration the tools to directly implement and comply with Ontario Accepting Schools Act. Through our amazing line up of workshops we hope to change the landscape of inclusivity in education and create liberating spaces for students, staff and communities.
Frequently asked questions:
How do I register?
- Click here and register online. Registration fee is $150.
What if I cannot pay online?
- You can pay by cheque in advance or at the Conference. Simply send us an email to: Info@JersVision.org and we can send you an invoice for you.
What is the schedule of the day? What the workshops?
- A schedule will be up soon.
When can I register for my workshops?
- Registration will be emailed out to delegates and invite them to pre-select workshops.
Do you have travel grants? Do you have conference grants?
- The event is heavily subsidized, and we are unable to offer travel grants this year.
- If you are unable to cover the full registration fee please use the code ‘education’ for a 50% discount when registering
Where, when, time?
- It will be held at Toronto City Hall Conference Facility (100 Queen St West, Toronto, ON) Spring 2016 from 8am to 4pm.
What is the registration fee? Where does registration fee go?
- The registration fee for this event is only $150.
- We are grateful to our sponsors, partners & donors for their generous subsidies for this event. We encourage interested participants to seek funding from their professional unions or administrator (Safe School budget).
- Registration fees go to pay for costs associated with the conference (venue, food, presenters, logistics & staffing).
- We will present a full budget at the Conference to all delegates.
- This opportunity is an amazing chance at increasing your professional learning community, and to see what other schools are up to!
What is included in registration?
- Registration includes your programming, snacks and lunch for the day.
What if I need a hotel?
Where can I park?
How can I RSVP a table at the info fair?
- The info fair is from noon-1pm. We are happy to offer free tables. If you want one, please email: Info@JersVision.org
For more information, please email the Interim-Conference Coordinator Zoe at: email@example.com
Register right now here: Online Store
*please note that since the event is subsidized, we will not be able to offer any refunds.